Friday, May 6, 2011

Daughter of Darkness


OHMYGODDESS I love this freakin' book! I guess you could say I am one for ciaos and bickering. This book is definitely full of it!!!!!!

The lead character Zoey Redbird is a normal 16 year old teenager from a not so normal home or background. Her mother is a bible thumping house wife with no brain but the one she shares with her mega monster husband. Yet her grandmother is a Cherokee woman who believes in a much more calm and spiritual path of life. Zoey is caught in the middle of the life she used to have with her mother and grandmother and the life she is forced to lead now, until she is marked.

Her entire world turns inside out when she is taken in by the House of Night and all that it has to offer. Upon arriving she is greeted with love and respect from many of her fellow students and also from her mentor, Neferet, the High Priestess of the Tulsa House of Night. Things seem to be looking up for Zoey as she starts to feel loved and accepted by everyone but the leader of the Dark Daughters, Aphrodite.

And I would just like to make it known that Aphrodite is the biggest bitch on the planet, yet, she is my all time favorite character in this book. This is not to say that every other character in the book is unworthy of my attention, I just tend to like the strong bitchy characters that make me giggle in remembrance of my high school days =)

Back to the story line though.... Zoey is marked by Nyx, The Goddess of Night Personified and is informed that she has been marked for a reason. She also realized quite quickly that she has not only been marked, with a different mark at that, but she has been given powerful abilities to aid her in her journey, and with these abilities come much responsibility.

Zoey must find the courage from deep within to accomplish the tasks that The Goddess has set for her, and courage is hard to find with it comes to dealing with snakes. But Zoey is a STRONG young woman and whether or not she believes in herself her pride won't let her self doubt get in the way.

You can preview this book at http://www.houseofnightseries.com/pages/marked.html but I must warn you, IT IS ADDICTIVE! I read the first 5 books in less than a week... Have fun, I hope you all enjoy this book/series as much as I have! =)

4 comments:

  1. Thx, I'll give this book a read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeff, I see that you follow my sisters Dark Novels blog... she has a much better and more in-depth review of this book at many of the others in this series. Compared to hers mine is scattered and not very thorough... check hers out for more information =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked most of these books but the bickering as you call it got on my nerves, I learned to like Aphrodite later in the series but I could have killed her myself in the first book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is probably bc she reminded you of me in my high school years. Conceited, moody, mean, and above all else completely self involved.

    ReplyDelete